Friday, March 15, 2013

Gamma Zeta Celebrates Founders Day!


Elaine Vidrine, our Director of Alumnae Relations tells a little bit about how GZ celebrated Founders Day!

Founder’s Day is one of my favorite events of the year.  It brings the chapter and alumnae together to remember why we are all Delta Gammas and lets us celebrate the importance of our sisterhood.  I was lucky to hold the position of alumnae relations twice so I knew what I had to do and what new things I wanted to try.  Planning for Founder’s Day begins early in the fall semester, mostly just making sure the venue is booked, the date and time are set, etc.  It takes organization and friends to help get everything done.  Thankfully I had Hope Whitsell and Savannah Gray to help me with a lot of the details!

This year Founders Day was extra special because Dell Shay Kingan, VP: Finance, was able to attend.  When my mom told me last semester that Dell wanted to come to Baton Rouge and celebrate Founders Day with the Gamma Zeta and the Baton Rouge Alumnae, I was excited and wanted to begin planning and making sure everything was perfect.  Having a council member come to our Founder’s Day means a great deal to me.  Delta Gamma Council members enjoy visiting with alumnae and collegiate across the country but they can only visit a few chapters each year.  We are so fortunate that Dell was able to spend the weekend with us, see our beautiful home, meet with our House Corporation, and visit Mike the Tiger! Pictured below are this years award recipients, and mother/daughter legacies! 




No comments:

Post a Comment